Analytics Director - Google B2B
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
Our directors are people who take pride in their work and have a passion for sharing it with others. They are leaders [not bosses] and know how to motivate & inspire greatness. Essence looks to its directors to lead, innovate, and oversee all analytics client success.
As a leader within our team, you will look for opportunities for new great work, and always have an opinion on how to evolve our practice. You’ll usually oversee multiple projects, assist with team management, and envision (and develop!) new analytical tools for Essence.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Support the leadership of the Analytics team
- Develop a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help build comprehensive learning agendas and measurement plans
- Partner with clients to identify objectives and inform design thinking for marketing measurement plans
- Leverage your understanding of data signals to inform business decision-making and become an invaluable problem-solving partner for your clients
- Be a hands-on contributor in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools, from inception to delivery, through to global rollout
- Support members of the team in the delivery of their responsibilities, ensuring quality and that deadlines are met
- Recruit, manage, and mentor resource ensuring workflow is efficient throughout the team, as well as a high-quality output is delivered
- Oversee refinement and evolution of work delivery, processes, and communication of actionable insights
A bit about yourself:
- A curious person with a natural inclination for learning and personal growth
- Experience managing teams of four to eight analysts
- Excellent at presenting data in a visually engaging and insightful manner that cuts through the noise
- Experience working in an agency-styled environment
- Technical proficiency with systems such as SQL, Python, ‘R’, and social analytics tools (Crimson Hexagon, Spredfast, etc.)
- Exposure to campaign measurement practices, modelling techniques, and best practices
- Strong client management skills and ability to partner with our Client Services team
- Strong understanding of what data can be collected and analysed in both digital and non-digital campaigns, and how each data point should be analysed
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Established and professional communication, presentation, and motivational skills
What you can expect from Essence:
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Diversity is Essential