Director, Audience Data Engineer
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
In this high-profile and important role, you’ll lead the development and deployment of rich consumer profiles, audience models, and segmentations for one of our most important clients. You will work across client 1st party datasets and licensed datasets within a unique cleanroom environment, onboarding partners such as LiveRamp, and media activation platforms such as Google’s DV360 and other buying platforms.
Reporting into the agency’s Head of Data Strategy, you’ll also be asked to represent the needs of the client in wider agency data strategy initiatives and influence the agency’s vision and strategy within this space.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Act as the day to day program lead for Peacock’s audience data activation, helping agency and client teams structure and define a consistent approach to leveraging owned and licensed data assets throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Use advanced data science and modeling techniques to construct targetable audiences within Peacock’s cleanroom
- Own the distribution of audiences to media activation platforms using platforms such as LiveRamp Connect on a campaign-by-campaign basis
- Work with agency and client partners to bridge the gap between syndicated tools, research-based audiences, and addressable audience data in the Peacock cleanroom
- Identify gaps in datasets and work with client and agency stakeholders to develop marketplace RFIs, data acquisition strategies, and testing plans for new data sources
- Provide client and agency teams with succinct and articulate progress reports and updates that demonstrate and evangelize the successful application of audience data across marketing functions
A bit about yourself:
- 6-8 years agency, client, or technology-side background working audience-based buying, audience data management and segmentation
- Specific experience with Google Cloud Platform, in particular Cloud Storage, Data Prep, and BigQuery
- Demonstrable track record of querying data and developing effective audience data solutions using programming and/or statistical languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
- Strong statistical / econometric modeling skills
- Experience with data onboarding and distribution environments such as LiveRamp, CDPs or DMPs
- High attention to detail, and good organizational skills, with an understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across programmatic platforms
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of online advertising industry trends, data providers, and platform technologies
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Experience with syndicated research tools such as MRI and YouGov and comms planning principles
- A general understanding of how data is tracked and exchanged in the process of advertising (e.g. role of adservers and other third-party providers of campaign delivery data)
- Experience with the Google Marketing Platform stack (GA360, DV360, SA360, GoogleAds, and Campaign Manager) and other DSPs (The Trade Desk)
What you can expect from Essence:
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
Diversity is Essential